One of the most common addictive practices all over the world that has sustained through ages is hookah smoking. For a non-smoker, hookahs and their associated items may look all the same; for a person who is well-acquainted with hookahs, it becomes enthralling when he comes across the different kinds of charcoals, tobacco, hoses, vases, and bowls that are available in the world. Such a great range of items will also leave your head reeling about which is the best option that you need to go for. The different variety of shisha bowls itself form a huge list which might boggle your mind. In such cases, it is important that you know how to choose the good shisha bowl for you.
Need more information? Just keep reading.
List of best hookah bowls available on the market
1.Hookah Hub Rasta
3.Apple on The Top
4. BudPro Phunnel With Silicone
5. Kaloud Samsaris Vitria II
7. Tangier’s Phunnel
If you look into the list of best hookah bowls for you, then Hub Rasta Shisha bowl is certainly going to make an appearance on the list. This hookah bowl is made up of silicone that enables the user to handle it at all time. It comes in different hues. The advantages associated with this one include:
- The company provides a free grommet along with it so that you can use the product after purchasing it.
- The bowl also comes with a rubber grommet.
- The silicone body enables the user to handle it even when it is hot.
- The coal holder is made up of stainless steel. Therefore, there is no need for any foil.
- The bowl does fit well with traditional hookahs as well as glass hookahs.
- The tobacco inside does not gets burned.
- It does not heat up the shisha well like clay bowls
This particular shisha bowl is made up of ceramic. It contains 4 holes making it perfect for Kaloud Lotus hookah. The dimensions are kept the same so that it can fit both the Lotus as well as the foil.
- The hookah bowl is so designed to protect the flavor. It does not let the Shisha juices leak from any ide and also keeps the tobacco in it moist. It also prevents the odors from getting absorbed on to the tobacco. This also allows for easy cleaning after use.
- Moreover, the bowl has holes on the sides of the center spire, contrary to the regular ones which have them at the bottom. This prevents the Shisha tobacco from interfering with the regular airflow required for the hookah.
- The size is not so big; it is apt to hold around 25 gm of Shisha
- If you do not maintain it regularly, you will have problems with cleaning.
- If it falls out, it will certainly be damaged or broken.
As evident from the design of the hookah bowl, the designer’s goal was transparent. They wanted to create a hookah bowl that is will take up the least space possible while delivering the full Hookah experience. The Apple on Top hookah bowl is a scaled-down version of the original hookah bowls. However, the design is so made to concentrate it rather than getting it reduced.
- The entire bowl is shatterproof so that it can be handled easily.
- The flavor tends to last long.
- The entire object has been made smaller to take up less space and can be easily transported.
- There are too many fake apples on the top bowls, so be aware of that.
One of the biggest problems with clay or ceramic hookah bowls is that if they fall they will break. As a replacement for it, BudPro has come up with the Phunnel Silicone type with 7 holes at the bottom. The hookah comes in the blue shade and is compatible with Kaloud Lotus.
- The entire body is heat resistant and can withstand high temperature with ease.
- The bowl is so designed that it can protect the flavor by preventing spillage of Shisha juices and keeping the tobacco moist.
- It is considered unbreakable compared to traditional clay or ceramic ones.
- It heats up faster than other bowls using less Shisha and charcoal.
- Because of its size, it may not fit all sizes of hookahs.
- The silicone handle will become hot if you smoke the hookah longer.
https://www.icedsmokingpro.com/budpro-silicone-bowl-review/ Check Out Full BudPro Silicone Bowl Review
The Kaloud Samsaris Vitria II comes as the evolution of the previous version of the Samsaris Vitria bowl. Its predecessor came as the world’s first Glass-Silicone Hybrid bowl, and this product comes as the evolved version with added benefits. Here is one interesting feature to see this type of bowl.
- The bow fits perfectly with Kaloud Lotus and other Kaloud products and is difficult to knock it off.
- The central air channel provides for better juice retention in the flavor chamber.
- It is very easy and user-friendly, allowing for efficient packing and cleaning.
- Grommets are not at all necessary for this particular hookah bowl.
- The hole in the middle is too small.
- If you use Kaloud Lotus with it, there is a possibility that it will be more difficult to remove from the bowl.
For experienced hookah smokers as well as for those who want to get the most out of their smoking, this is probably something the best on the market. This is not something you are used to because the sides of the shisha and coals are inverted, so the rule does not apply to the coals on the top, but instead, the coals are down, which leads to a long lasting session. It’s made from very quality metal and it has a great looking design. The tobacco never lasted longer as in this one bowl. It’s about 10 inches height, 3 pounds weight and it’s reliable for every medium and large size hookah. People must know about this thing because this is crazy good.
- The shisha lasts longer than every other bowl including, phunnel, vortex, Egyptian and Syrian bowl but for best results use a good hose.
- Coals don’t touch the tobacco at all and because of a position of coals heats goes up and burn shisha like crazy which leads to very thick smoke.
- In this great thing, your coals will last 3 times longer and shisha will last 4 times longer smoking session can easily last 3 hours, this will save your money in the long run.
- It’s a bit more expensive compared to the rest.
- It’s not that easy to use.
This is one of the first hookah bowls that touch the market and this list can’t be good without them. This is a hand-made bowl of ceramic and it can handle maximum 25 gram of shisha if you over pack it. It’s 4 inches long and weight is about 2 pounds but because it’s hand-made their sizes vary. This is one of the best bowls and lots of hookah smokers do not need any other bowl.
- Because of the great heat management of this bowl, your smoking session will last 2 hours.
- This bowl is made to hold moisture of the shisha, the result is a huge cloud of smoke.
- The top quality material used to make these Phunnel bowls is prevalent in managing heat when compared with clay bowls.
- The only small con of these bowls is that they do not look attractive, but again it is an individual matter.
https://www.icedsmokingpro.com/tangiers-phunnel-shisha-bowl-review/Check Out Full Tangiers Bowl Review
Beginners Guide to Buying a Hookah Bowl
When you’re ready to buy a new bowl for your hookah you need to consider a few things and those are:
Depending on your needs, you’ll choose the one that suits you best, but the goal of this article is to make it easier and narrower for you. Here is the complete hookah bowls buying guide, in the following section you’ll find everything that we find important when it comes to buying.
How to Choose Shisha Bowl
The perfect one comes according to the need of the hour. Normally, the best ones are those which can hold up to 15-25 gram. This will help you to smoke for around one hour based on the amount of coal that it can hold. If you wish to have one which can suffice for a group or a party then you need to go for a larger size which can hold up to 40 g. Each bowl comes with its own characteristics and advantages and you need to compare them to make the best choice.
Types of Hookah Bowls
The different hookah bowls available on the market can be divided into several types:
Crown type of bowls has a very attractive look, but is that all that it has? Let’s find out. This bowl has an inverted design (coals goes below the shisha ) like iPuff. This is the very good system because you can control the heat and you do that by moving up and down part on which coals go. It’s made of stainless steel, the size of the bowl is pretty much the same as Tangier’s Phunnel type. This is the easiest bowl to clean after smoking.
Here are some of the PROS:
- Easy to keep clean
- You can control the heat, there is no chance to burn your tobacco
- There will be no taste of coal in the smoke
- Because stainless steel construction it is unbreakable
Let’s see the CONS:
- It is a bit pricey compared to the others
- You need to dry shisha because juice may drip down
- hard to pack, especially for beginners
- It’ takes a little longer to heat up
Recommendations: Use at least 2 or 3 coals, if you use a juice shisha dry it a little bit before smoking, the best way to pack is lighten pack.
This is the most popular, and most used bowl by many hookah enthusiasts. In our guide the best Phunnel bowls are Tangier’s and BudPro, you can read a full review of those bowls above. These type of bowls are made mostly from clay ceramic and silicon. It has one raised hole in the middle, because of that, juice can not drain through the hole. The best feature of this bowl is that the user can draw a lot more smoke compared to the traditional bowl. With this bowl you will never get a bad smoking session, it keeps the flavor, juice and you can expect a great smoke delivery. One more of the great feature of this type is that you can pack it how you want including the crazy over packing.
Now let’s see the Up and Downsides:
- Great heating system
- Affordable price
- Coals cannot come into contact with tobacco.
- Good clouds of smoke
- Keep the juice = Keep the flavor
- Ash pass through the foil and get into the shisha
- If it’s made from clay, it can be break easily
- Takes some time to cook the tobacco
Use at least 2 or 3 natural coals. Use your finger to close the hole in the middle then pack it. If you use a foil, drill a lot of smaller holes. Do not drill holes in the middle
Vortex is the strongest competitor to the Phunnel bowls. There is a lot of debate around which type is better. Vortex is something between traditional and Phunnel bowl.
Same as the Phunnel, these bowls are designed in such a way that allows a better amount of airflow. It’s made from clay, pyrex, silicon, wood. etc.
Holes in the middle are made to keep the shisha juices, tobacco will burn slowly and you will get a fantastic smoking experience.
The juice from the shisha will keep the flavor. Vortex has usually 4-5 holes on the sides inside a bowl.
- good heating of shisha
- keep the shisha juice which means a longer session
- good smoke and taste
- You can get your’s at a really affordable price
- Ash can get into the foil
- Chance of burning tobacco
- If it’s made from clay it can break
- Hard to clean
Recommendations: Use a juicy shisha for best smoking experience, keep the shisha below the edges, if shisha touches the foil, it will be burned, drill holes all around but skip the middle.
This is a traditional hand-made bowl, it has four to six holes at the bottom, but the usual number is five.
When you deciding to buy new hookah in most cases you will get Egyptian style of the bowl.
It’s made from clay or ceramic at the same time this is a best and common material.
When it comes to quality you can easily recognize by looking at the holes If you see symmetrical holes and if the shape is good, this usually means that the craftsman has invested his time and efforts to craft it.
This bowl will not do so well as above mentioned Vortex and Phunnel, because shisha juice will drain through holes at the bottom and will end up in the base.
According to some reviews, this bowl will lose shisha flavor by 50 percent.
Let’s see the pros and cons of this type.
- Affordable Price
- lost shisha flavor
- leaves a mess
- the possibility of burning tobacco
- It can be break easily
- Ash can get into the shisha
Recommendations: Use two pair of foils, it is better to use a less juicy shisha, natural coals are always a better option.
The Egyptian and Syrian bowl is pretty much the same but it has one small difference. As you can see from the image below, the only difference is that on Syrian type base of the bowl goes into the hookah stem, while on Egyptian stem goes inside of the bowl.
Pros and Cons are pretty much the same as in Egyptian type but let us repeat it, in case you skip that section.
- Affordable Price
- lost shisha flavor
- leaves a mess
- the possibility of burning tobacco
- It can be break easily
- Ash can get into the shisha [/su_note]
The same recommendations apply to this as well as to the Egyptian variant.
Anyone who smoked from glass hookah (glass nargile also has a glass bowl ), knows that this is a fantastic feeling, you will always feel the pure taste of the shisha and it will be very easy to clean after use.
There are several types of glass bowls:
The molded type is cheaper, easy to break, and simply not worth money, while the hand-blown bowls are better quality, that type of crafting bowls, are used by brands that made glass shisha-pipes such as Evolution, Lavo. etc. Also, you can find it in different styles (Funnel, Vortex, Egyptian, Syrian.) They look fantastic, but whatever type of glass bowls is, it’s very likely that it will crack, at high temperatures.
Let’s make a clear picture.
- Keeps the shisha flavor.
- Very attractive design.
- Easy to clean.
- It can break at a high temperature
- Holds a low amount of tobacco
- If it falls, it’ll break.
Recommendations: DO NOT put heated glass bowl under the cold water, use windguard for a better smoking experience.
This is something quite new on the hookah market, this bowl works in such a way that it’s necessary to place the coals on the bottom of the bowl and tobacco above the coals on the top of the bowl, just because of that reversed system, it was named inverted bowl.
The main idea here is that you can control the heat, moving the part where are the coals located.
Another good thing is that in this way the ash cannot get into the tobacco.
Our pick of best-inverted hookah bowl is iPuff but let us summarize this by showing you pros, cons and recommendations of this style of the bowl.
- Great flavor and clouds
- You can control the heat by adjusting the distance of the coal bowl
- A very small amount of ash gets into the tobacco
- if it falls, it will not break
- A modern and extraordinary look
- There can be problems finding the right heat angle.
- Extra juicy shisha will drip to the coals.
- It’s a bit expensive.
- Not easy to set up for beginners.
- If you get shisha close to coal, it’s possible that you will burn the tobacco.
Recommendations: Before you begin the session, be sure that the coals are far enough away from the tobacco, experiment until you find enough distance. Use the foil to cover the part of the bowl where the tobacco is located. Use a good and long hose. set three coals.
Another fairly new concept made by Elite, this bowl is designed so that there is a drawer where the tobacco goes, and the coals, same as every other type ( except inverted) goes to the top.
It’s made out of silicon, it can fit all hookah sizes without a problem, the drawer has two separated bulkheads so you can mix your favorite flavors with ease.
Here the foil is not necessary because it comes with a metal screen on which the coals go, so you don’t need a to use a foil at all.
Now we’ll show you UP and DOWNSIDES
- Easy to use.
- Ash can get into the tobacco.
- You can use it on almost all sizes of hookah.
- You’ll get better airflow.
- You can mix flavors with ease by putting two different flavors in a separated drawer.
- It can fit only 10 to 15 g of tobacco.
- Juicy tobacco will drip down into the base.
- If you over pack it, you’ll burn the tobacco.
Recommendations: Use three coals, clean it regularly, do not over pack it.
This a maybe future of smoking but that can not be said at this time. This is not what you used to at all, you can not even smoke tobacco, instead, you’ll use e-liquid (something like e-hookah.) Most of them are made of high-quality materials, along with it, you will get a charger, and in the place where they usually coal go, there will be a digital screen that will alert you when the battery is discharged. It fits every nargile, but this is not something I would recommend. maybe it comes a better time for this guy, but that’s definitely not right now.
Hookah Bowl Sizes
When it comes to the size of the bowl you need to consider do you like to smoke hooka alone or with your friend and how long do you want to smoke.
There are three hookah bowl sizes:
When you want to decide how long your hookah smoking will last then keep in mind that important rule plays here how you pack your bowl, which colas you use and what kind of tobacco you smoking the same as the size of the bowl. All these factors have an impact on how long lasts your smoking session.
For example, if you over pack small bowl with a good and quality shisha your session will last at least 45 minutes. On the other hand with the large bowl ( our pick is BudPro ) your smoking session can reach 2 hours easily. The medium size is anywhere in the middle and you can smoke for about an hour.
Note: Size, material, and type also affect heat management. In other words, you don’t want your bowl to get too hot or you will end up burning your shisha. It’s true that Smaller bowls tend to get hot faster, but that also depends on the material as well as the type.
Which Are The Most Popular Shisha Bowls?
As you know or may not know the most popular hookah bowls among the smokers are phunnel and vortex bowls.
Phunnel Vs Vortex Bowl
Vortex: It’s a bit shorter and wider compared to phunnel bowl. There are 4 to 5 holes on top, and when smoking, air will flow through the holes, which will, as we already said, lead to lengthening the session. Vortex bowl is a very reliable choice for hookah veterans and inspirations for the new models of bowls that are yet to come. You will generally be able to use it with every nargile size.
Phunnel: Can hold 20 grams, which is less compared to the vortex, but it looks much more elegant and attractive. This bowl is narrower, higher and fits perfectly with almost all hookahs. Many experienced smokers more prefer this kind of bowls, but it’s just because of its appearance. There are many different phunnel bowls, the best among them are convincingly hand-made Tangier’s bowls, but there should also be no neglect of silicone type that also has their advantages.
These are some of the popular and best hookah bowls readily available on the internet. We tried to answer the most popular question when it comes to choosing your first or new bowl. Wishing you a wonderful hookah experience in the future.